A disclaimer!

Please be advised, this is my Blog, this is my opinion and my take on the things I have learned. I accept NO responsability for any action(s) you may take following my advise. I have not, nor do I work for any fertility agent or fertility product company. I am in no way bashing any fertility items or products listed on my posts. My sole desire and intent is to help women better understand there fertility and products to help them achieve a safe and healthy pregnancy.

Friday, November 6, 2009

Lets talk.

You know I have learned so many things about my body and fertility in general. Things your mother could never tell you and wouldn't, had she even known. It took me so long to get pregnant for the first time. Our timing was right, my body was healthy, his body was healthy, but it just wan't happening. Has this happened to you. Alot of women, given the right information can boost there chances of conception and fall pregnant withing months of this knowledge. Knowledge like, how to tell when your ovulating can lead to the proper timing for sex and heighten the chance of conception. But most women never get the chance to learn this. Who is going to teach them, how will they learn? Well most have to scour the internet endlessly looking for information they don't understand or maybe they have to call a doctor and try to discuss it with him/her. Sometimes this can be embaressing. Don't get me wrong, there are ladies out there with true medical problems, that need medical help to conceive. Likewise alot of women don't need that type of help but just need someone to give them information, tell them what sites to read, show them what choices they have before they call the doctor. Lets face it ladies we like to talk to each other and ask for anothers advise. I have done alot of studying, even taken a small online course. No I'm not the best speller but I love to listen, help and be a friend. If you have any questions feel free to post them in the comment section.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Melissa,
    My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant again for 8 months now and are struggling. With the exception of our first all of my children were conceived while nursing. This time my baby weened herself before my cycles resumed and since they have they have been different. I have been trying to track cervical position and fluid but to no avail. I can't do the basal temp charting b/c I am always woken up by the kids during the 3-4 hours before I get up so it isn't accurate. I have not had egg white quality CF since I quit breast feeding and am at a loss of what to do. Any suggestions? Nichola
    p.s.Thanks for having this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nichola, I'm sorry I didn't get to answer this sooner. I have been so busy I didn't even look at my blog lately :(
    Firstly, having children can change your cycle. In reality it changes everything. Even the lasting results of Breastfeeding can cause dryness or lack of proper vaginal secretions. It could be that you have not been ovulating. You can have your cycle and not ovulate, your body could still be affected from your last child.
    Secondly I would suggest making sure you are taking your vitamins, and maybe take some "Fertilaid". I have heard that Soy is a great thing to take, lots of women swear by it, I would think it would be worth a try.
    Even when I was breastfeeding as soon as I got my cycle back which was about 4-5 months postpartum, I would track my cycles with a Basal Thermometer. Even with getting up every so many hours, I was able to see when I ovulated. Ofcourse that is no help to seeing pre-ovulation just the temp shift shows you that you have ovulated. If I were you I would use cheap OPK tests and test 1-2 times per day, this will help you see if you are having your LH surge, also temp so you can see if you infact Ovulate. I would also try taking Soy to help with CF. If you are not getting proper Eggwhite CF, try using Preseed or some sperm friendly lubracation. Best of Luck. I hope you are able to get this answer.

    ReplyDelete